For those readers who are not bloggers or writers, I will explain all this. I have recently encountered the fun practice of being tagged or awarded, and it is not only nice to receive, but more so to give. These are little gestures of appreciation we extend to one another for blogs that catch our attention and our hearts. I believe that often the sentiment, as well as the protocol of "telling something about yourself" is similar, but this way we can once again give another "atta-boy" or "atta-girl" to a blogging pal. They are sometimes that "message in a bottle" that someone is reading, cares, and maybe was saved but something we wrote. They may seem trivial to some, but I always respond, pass them along to others as I just find it correct and in good karmic practice. They also may someday may adorn the side bar of my blog like a sports bar, yet each one means something to me.Thank you for giving me the nod, and to the rest of you --- Atta-boy and atta girl!
Wow! I never thought it would be this hard to think of ten things about myself that few or no people know about me. I will try to dig something up that will not waste a few minutes of your life you will never get back. I wish I had something to share worthy of Post Secret. However once I shared them with the world, I fear the secret would haunt me, so I have to come up with friendly little secrets or LKF’s (Little Known Facts). I will do my best.
This was bestowed upon me by my friend from http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/ Live Life Now!
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I write to confront my own hypocrisy. The things I would tell a friend or a stranger out of compassion, I need to continually remind myself of. When I write, I place the words before me, and hopefully ingest it again to make it stick.
2. I wish I was a full time professional writer so I could share more, more often.
3. That being said is I admit I have fallen out of love with my career. (Hairstylist) My love is just now an old friend. I love helping people though - love it! The sad thing is I own my own business, and at one point was rather known and successful. What I realize though, was that I was doing it for all the wrong reasons. I wish I could switch what is now my hobby for my career and vice versa.
4. If I could have a super power it would be the ability to heal.
5. I wish I were very rich…so I could be a philanthropist and give most of it away.
6. I like candles, lots of candles. Call me weird.
7. I could live on Family Guy, History Channel, and Food Network as my only TV stations.
8. I also wish I were a chef, but it would have to be in my own bistro. I would love to adjust the menu daily and invite people to cook with me. I will cook for anyone who wants to eat. If I were a philanthropist I would feed the hungry too.
9. I love video games. I love it that I can play with my son now. He is six and can kick my butt sometimes. My family thinks I am being neglectful as a father when we play things over his years, but he is good, real good! Maybe it is because I never had those bonding moments with my father as to why I overlook that.
10. I am clean and sober. I am extremely thankful for the past. It led me to where I am. I love to share the message of hope I have learned over time. Maybe my super power would be to heal addicts and alcoholics. Sad thing is though; it is the bottom you must hit to bounce back to where you need to be.
Now the next part is to pick seven blogs to pass on the award/tag/nod to. I have many favorites. I read many as well. I was fortunate to receive one not too long ago and do not want to be “that guy” who will give you homework. Since it requires 10 things about you, and then to pass it on, I sought out a few others I have been looking at; sharing the love so-to-speak. Please give them a look! They all have something fun or warm going on. As always, if you do not “do” awards, or fill out the requirements ---that is okay. Still nice to get the wink and a nod!
http://www.theauthenticblogger.blogspot.com/ - celebrating the blogger in a community forum
http://healingmorning.blogspot.com/ - another friend who likes to look at stuff-n-things in a unique way. (I know you and Marty just got another nod, so no offense if you let this ride! I still wanted to extend it to you!)
http://quixoticlfe.blogspot.com/ - a new friend who appears to be a “sister from another mister”. I like her style!
http://mccaffery33.blogspot.com/ - Spiritual, visual, just a nice read!
http://annellealtman.blogspot.com/- Making not only the blogosphere, but bloggers a healthy bit better
http://latonyarichardson.blogspot.com/- As a forty-something myself– I like her musings on life!
http://aloneinholyland.blogspot.com/ - Sometimes people are on the same planet, different worlds. Sometimes we’re in different parts of the world, experiencing the same planet. Cool blog!
Love and type to all!