It is ironic that just today I was working with a client in my business and we happened to stumble across my writing passion as one of the many topics of our pleasant banter. In only working with her this second time (I am a hairstylist/salon owner), I found that she too had a flair for the spiritual in her. Recently I have noticed how the clients I have been working with have really shifted to being those of like minds. I really enjoy it.
I recently printed out business cards with my photo, blog name, and link on them since I have recently had people ask about my writing, as many know I have written a book of the eponymous name "Artisan of the Human Spirit". My blogging keeps me in practice, and gives me connection to others and I can see if what I write is accepted well or not. Upon handing her a card, she asked how I liked blogging. I mentiond what I loved is I have found many new friends, and many who I feel "connected to" even if only speaking briefly over a few posts. I don't feel alone.
"In a world of insane people, the sole, sane person seems insane!"
Today I came home to a nice message from a new found friend - Aine Butler Smith of http://theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com/ who has posted kind words on my blog and today bestowed upon me the award you will find below; "Happy 101".
I am honored for being recognized for sharing my passion, and that it is received by like minded bloggers and friends. I am to list ten things that make me happy, and to share the award with ten blogs I like.
To note, I noticed a couple, like Aine's and Katherine Jenkins' has it, so kudos to you both, and I would be sending it your way if you did not already have it. On with the show!
My happy list:
1. My family, all of them, my wife, kids, parents, relatives, etc. I am blessed with a rich and blesed resource of loved ones. All mean the world to me.
2. Awareness/Spirituality - I am happy to have the ability to see what I truly have and am surrounded by. I feel connected, in tune, as one.
3. Cooking. I love to cook, not only for the art, but the loving gesture of offering communion with friends and loved ones through the gift and art of sustenance.
4. Writing. I can connect with people over time and miles that is not concievable in physical form. It has brought me to new worlds and places as well as finding the other world available in myself.
5. Reading. I can surf upon the words written by others. (See Writing)
6. Experiencing the outdoors. From a walk around the neighborhood, to mountains, to oceans, nature is the ultimate connection we can make.
7. Music - Life needs a soundtrack...
8. Yoga/Reiki/QiGong - I like physical connection to the spiritual me, and also sharing a healing touch
9. Helping others - Nothing lifts me like lifting others
10. Laughing, lots of laughing
Ten Blogs I like:
1. - http://acleverwhatever.blogspot.com/ clever blog about whatever - truly ~ Tirzah Laughs - so do I
2. http://coffeewithmarty.blogspot.com/- Nice guy with a great blog - Kudos Marty!
3. http://michaelinhiskitchen.blogspot.com/ - I love cooking! Mike does it right - Check him out!
4. http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/ - A little nonsense never hurt anyone - Enjoy!
5. http://www.ovahcoffee.com/ - another coffee titled blog ;) - Nice site you will like it!
6. http://www.beamingbalance.com/ - Well written and always inspiring!
7. http://www.thecolorsmagazine.com/ - A new found fave, stop by for some inspiration!
8. http://www.upliftantidote.co.uk/wordpress/ - Jacqui has a good blog and a good heart!
9. http://plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/ - I just enjoy reading his adventures
10. http://yogasavy.blogspot.com/ - I like Yoga, and I enjoy the message here! Nice read
(This list is not in any certain order)
I know some do not "do" awards, if not I apologize. Just know I still wanted to give you the nod!
Namaste' friends, God bless, and keep on doing what you do!